Friday 23 November 2012

Colour


The colour theme I have decided to use for my magazine is going to be purple and white. I chose purple and white as they look good together, and are also very strong, vibrant colours. I believe these colours have certain connotations of R&B; I first of all started researching the meanings of colours it mentioned that purple is a romantic colour which is very much like certain R&B music as lyrics in songs do refer to love and feelings that are usually refereed to females. Red also has strong links with R&B as it shows passion, however, red is a very common colour in music magazines and I preferred to have a unique magazine from the colour theme to what it contains. I have also chosen to have a lot of white in my magazine as I believe white is a very plain and simple colour that allows the magazine to portray a look of simplicity and pleasantness; white is also portrayed as a fresh and clean colour which is very much like my magazine as it going to be a 'smooth' magazine. I decided to use a unique theme colour that no other music magazine has; I believe that people remember original items that are different to anything else; if Slick magazine is different people would prefer to purchase Slick rather than an average magazine that is similar to the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment