Monday 29 October 2012

Codes and Conventions




Firstly the people who are featuring in the magazine help portray what genre the magazine is. Musicians who are currently in the genre of R&B are: Bradley Moore, T-Pain, Pretty Ricky, and Bobby Valentino.

Legendary R&B artists are: R-Kelly, J-Holiday, John Legend, Boys II Men.

All these artists are known musicians by not only fans of R&B however in the mass media; this will attract the reader to buy the magazine, as they are well known artists.
My article on Bradley will be about his recovery in hospital and how he got back on his feet quickly to release his new album. Also, it will be about his past life, latest gossip in his life and if he is a changed man.

As the main article is about Bradley I will have 3 double-paged spreads about him.

I will have a poster of Bradley Moore as he will be the star feature in my magazine, and as he is one of the main R&B artists in the world; I believe some people will want to buy the magazine partly due to the poster of Bradley, practically females as Bradley will be portrayed as a ‘ladies man’ in the article.
There is going to be some indirect advertising, as I am reviewing many famous singers albums, including R-Kelly’s new album, it is good to publish reviews on peoples albums who have a large fan base as this will also attract and entice the audience/fans.
My magazine will be a monthly magazine, as I believe these types of magazines can contain much more important and exciting information rather than having a weekly magazine, which is often filled with just gossip. Also due to the genre (R&B) having such a large fan base I believe if I produce a monthly magazine consumers will start treating the magazine as a collectors item which will increase subscriptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment