Sunday 6 January 2013

Draft Article 'Brad is Back'


Brad is Back
1st double-paged spread
Bradley Moore is back in the game after returning from hospital almost two months ago and he feels better than ever, with his new album ‘simply B.R.A.D’ out. Brad was put in hospital on August the 18th as he was shot just an inch away from his kidneys; he was very lucky as if the shot was an inch to the right this article would have been called ‘Rest In Peace Brad’. Bradley was bought up on an estate in Brixton, when violence and drugs were an everyday occurrence; he escaped from his estate in 2006 when he was only nineteen years of age after securing a record deal with heat Records and moved to a much more civilized, safer area. However this did not stop him getting involved with the wrong people, which caused him to be shot and nearly loose his life in August. Slick magazine however want to focus on his music carrier and how he got back to the top in a matter of months and release his album on time despite his recent struggles.
Quote: “You can take the boy out of Brixton, but you can’t take Brixton out of the boy”
2nd double-paged spread
Bradley is now back on top purely due to his dedication to complete his album for release day; speaking to Slick he mentioned to us that “if it wasn’t for my friends and family who stuck by me and supported me through this terrible time in my life, I wouldn’t have released this album in time”. Brad worked very hard whilst in hospital to write the lyrics of the songs in his album, one of his songs ‘The Recovery’ actually relates to his time in hospital and how people have to fight for something they want. Following on from the interview we had with him, he told Slick “when you love something as much as I do, you find the strength to focus on your target, in my case my target was to release the album on time as my love for my music and fans is off the hook”. Later on he mentioned about his fans again, saying “I am very grateful for all the fans that tweeted, emailed and wrote letters to me wishing me my best. It was one of the main reasons that motivated me to complete simply B.R.A.D”.

‘simply B.R.A.D’ has been nominated for best R&B/Hip-Hop album; we will find out if he wins the awards are in December, however he has some very good competition with the likes of T.I ‘Trouble Man’, Chris Brown ‘Fortune’ and Usher ‘Looking 4 Myself’. When we asked Brad what he thinks of being nominated he looked surprised and said, “I didn’t even know I was nominated, but now I do I’m pretty proud of myself” and then laughed. His latest album involves Brad’s personal life and the problems, emotions he went through; it is possibly his most touching album. The song that is predicted to be the best song in the album refers to his love of his life Milli Lawson and what he misses about her; when we asked Brad how his love life is he simply replied “no comment” and smiled suggestively. So we are expecting some news about Bradley soon, preferably him getting back with Milli? Sorry girls but Brad might be taken again...you never know what these celebrities are gong to do next?

Later on after we spoke about Bradley’s early life and his new album we moved to a subject that a lot of people are most probably thinking; is he a changed man? We asked him this question and he immediately grinned, he replied, “Listen” paused, took a sip of his straight whisky, and carried on “the shooting has taught me a lesson. However I don’t believe in leaving my old life, my old friends, and forgetting where I came from just because my life might end. I live life on the edge and when my time is up at least I know I did what I want, with who I want”. Brad came across as a very strong character that has no fierce on what lies ahead in his life. He later on added, “I will try and stop my habits in getting mixed with the wrong people, however in some cases I can’t help it. Sometimes it might not even involve me but it will involve my friends, and when my friends are in trouble they look at me as the one who can sort out their sh*t”. So what we gathered from Mr. Moore’s attitude and what he has said is that he isn’t going to change into someone he is not, and he will carry on the way he is living his life, like he said “I’m still here bit*hes”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment