Thursday 24 January 2013

Who would be the Audience for your Media Product?



Essay form:


The audience for my media product is not as precise as the audiences for other music magazines as the genre of my magazine (R&B) is supported my many people across the world. However like every magazine there is a certain audience that would be interested in my media product than other types of people. Firstly the age of the buyer would be the younger population, from around 16-30 will be the usual reader as my even though the genre has been around for many decades my magazine will focus on cotemporary R&B which will only appeal to the younger age. I have come to the conclusion of the age of the audience due to the genre (R&B) being a popular feature in the charts, and the younger population often follows the charts.

The audience for my magazine will be preferably read by 55% of males and 44% females. The reason behind me thinking that there will be slightly more males reading my magazine than females is because R&B is listened to more by males than females. Females tend to listen to more than one genre e.g. pop, R&B, disco etc. However the average male tends to listen to one set genre. Although, putting that aside the magazine is designed for both male and female readers still as it leaves a larger amount of possible buyers in the market for my magazine. I have also researched the gender split that read vibe magazine, as it is very much like mine; 55% male and 45% female read vibe which is the same as my calculations.

My audience’s social class is one of the factors that is diverse and can be from completely different social classes. The genre R&B has wide support from all types of people and backgrounds; classes A and B are the middle class citizens, this social class often like R&B however so do classes D and E which are semi skilled/non skilled workers. It is very hard to allocate the genre, R&B to a certain social class; however my personal opinion will be that social classes A,B and C1 will be the social class that will most probably purchase my magazine as the working classes (D and E) also listen to other types of music such as grime.

The audience’s personalities and social habits who will be reading my magazine will tend to the type of person that enjoys going out and socializing with people; they tend to go out to clubs and bars as R&B music usually get played in these type of places. They also like to go to concerts that are starring big artists e.g. Chris brown, this is one of the reasons why they will like to buy Slick as it will contain information about the up coming concerts/events. R&B fans also prefer to purchase things that everybody will be able to see rather than something for their house; for instance they would rather buy a new necklace than a new chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment